Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gourmet Sunday


Tonight was an important night in the history of Gourmet Sunday. A night we've been waiting for for some time now. Spark and I have been validated by a real life chef who has done time at Susr and some other swank restaurant in New York City. It's true, we are that good!

Hosts: Spark and Rob
Guests: Amy, Olivia, Slorach
Starter: Bruschetta
Salad: Cesar
Main: Home made Spaghetti with vegetables and tomato sauce
Dessert: Olivia made some ridiculous Banana Cake with Caramel and Whiskey Sauce.
Wine: 2005 Penfolds Shiraz

I borrowed a pasta machine from my mom and finally broke it out tonight. It takes forever to get the right consistency and takes just as long for the pasta to be pressed. I know why she never uses it. I think I may have broken the motor, too. However, I managed to make enough thick spaghetti noodles (thick Udon noodle size) to fill us all up. Spark took care of the sauce: a hearty vegetable sauce. I was hoping for a little constructive criticism from the chef, but all she could say was how good it all was. Boom! We are now open to the public.

No comments: