Monday, January 5, 2009

Gourmet Sunday


Left Feet is the place to go in Toronto for all your ethical footwear needs. It's also the place to go once a year for some delicious chili. The annual chili competition falls on January 31st, which means Matt, Spark, and I have less than a month to come up with a winning recipe.

Hosts: Spark and me.
Guests: Amy and Tami
Starter: Vegetarian Quesadillas.
Main: Vegetarian Chili with a fresh Ciabbatta Roll on the side. (I wish I could disclose more information, but for obvious reasons the ingredients are temporarily classified)
Beverage: Corona.

The quesadillas were good, but I do need to work on my refried beans. If anybody has a good recipe, hit me up. The chili started out a little stewy, but once it thickened up, it was quite delicious. It's no secret that chili is often better the next day; Spark has just confirmed that this is in fact the case with our batch, too. The recipe will continue to evolve over the next few weeks, but to get a taste of this winter classic stop by Left Feet on the 31st.


* Photo is of my new grill. George has been retired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rob, i have a great chili recipe that includes beer, black beans, and lentils. let me know if you'd like to try it.