Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gourmet Sunday


Dear Cancer Bats,

I would have loved to have come see your show, but it's Sunday, and, well, usually that means things are getting gourmet in the kitchen. P.S. Thanks for taking all our guests.

Hosts: Rob and Spark
Guests: Sarah and Tami
Starters: Thai Coconut Milk Soup; Vegetarian Springs Rolls.
Main: Steamed Greens and Marinated Grilled Tofu on a bed of Brown Rice, topped with a Tahini Sauce and Tamari.
Wine: Red (update coming soon... when I'm downstairs).
Oh Yeah: Green Tea with fresh Ginger.

Sean asked Aidan if they could eat healthier, by which he meant "Can you cook healthier food for me?" After work last week I went over for dinner and she prepared a delicious rice bowl with greens and tempeh. It served as a real inspiration for tonight's meal.

You may wonder what we talked about at dinner. We discussed: Serbian James Bond, fine chaps, feeling your phone vibrate when it actually isn't ("ghost buzz"), pets, microwaves and science projects, as well as other fascinating topics.

As well, Tami was sick when she arrived at Gourmet Sunday. She wasn't when she left. Magic? Nope, I doubt it.

4 comments:

Matt Rennick said...

Bummed we missed it, but don't worry, we had plenty of fun on the white knuckle 7 hour drive home from Ottawa.

Anonymous said...

Delicious. AND it neutralized all the sugar I ate while baking.

Anonymous said...

I'm still sick... but there was magic in that meal! Yummers. And somehow I managed to gain a homework assignment for winter break. Thanks Rob!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Spark!