Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gourmet Sunday


Tami and I were eating sushi last night and I told her that I wanted to take another stab at ravioli for Gourmet Sunday. It wasn't much more than thirty seconds later that Ledger called and said he'd be in town to partake in the festivities (regular readers will remember that he was a key ingredient in the success of the last ravioli dinner in August). However, given that I'd already made ravioli once already for Gourmet Sunday (and once for an unofficial Gourmet Friday), I knew I had to include an added bonus.

Hosts: Rob and Spark.
Guests: Joelle, Kathy, Keith, Ledger, and Tami.
Salad: Mixed greens with avocado and a balsamic vinaigrette.
Soup: Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, and Pear.
Main: Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, and Pear Ravioli with a Butter and Sage sauce.
Desert: Apple Crisp.
Wine: Peller Estates 2008 Baco Noir, Finca Flichman 2008 Malbec, and Masi 2006 Campofiorin.
Music: Smiths "the Queen is Dead," and Springsteen "Nebraska."

So, the added bonus was the soup, with complimentary ingredients. And by complementary I mean the exact same. It was delish. But again, I can't stress enough how much time ravioli takes. I wouldn't recommend doing it from scratch. Instead, go buy a sheet of fresh lasagna noodles.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You helped me fix my bike a long time ago and told me about your shark blog. I read this article and immediately remembered your blog, which doesn't seem to be about sharks anymore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223001/Great-White-Shark-bitten-nearly-half-BIGGER-monster.html

joelle said...

yum! this one was in my top 5 for sure! sooo good!