Monday, March 2, 2009

Chinese Democracy... No Thank You


So our neighbours think it's cool to blast music at all hours. Usually it's really bad, but on occasion we'll be treated to the sounds of Pearl Jam or something 90s grunge band. I'm not exactly sure how their music selection works, but it's as if they have a database of all (mostly bad) music available on-line and then have their itunes set to shuffle. I can't even give an example because the musical transitions defy logic.

Tonight is no different. They were just playing some sort of horrible nu rock band when I realized I recognized the song. It was none other than one of the fine gems found on the latest "Guns N Roses" disc. Yeah, those quotation marks are there on purpose. I love Appetite as much as the next guy. I love Lies, and a lot of the Illusions records, too. However, if their latest is representative of the sounds to come out of a future liberated Chinese democracy, then, I'm sorry I'm quite content with the current state of human rights violations and digitally manufactured Olympic opening ceremonies.

I will now spend the remainder of my evening banging on our shared walls in hopes that they will turn down their music, or at least put something decent on. Gorilla Biscuits anyone?



Or how about this little treat I was also lucky enough to witness in person:

No comments: